November 13, 2014

not complaining, just saying

for Tracy






i'm not complaining, just saying
you were the worst girlfriend in the world
a pro at making me miserable, a magician
giving me all that shit and passing it as gold

you lied
you cheated
borrowed money and never returned it
but worst of all: you finished breaking bad without me

i'm not complaining, just saying
you were uncool with my friends
distant and cold to my family
so full of yourself

i never asked you for rent money or anything
when you were in between jobs
i walked your dog alone in winter
you were always so tired

lest we forget
the visible panty line
the i'm-not-wearin'-a-bra confidence
always ready to flirt with strangers

i'm not complaining, just saying
because, jesus, this was happening
on all occasions
once at my very own birthday party for fuck's sake

but i'm not complaining, just saying
you were the worst girlfriend ever
a pro at making me miserable
a really really bad, screwed-up person

they should have awards for people like you


greg boghossian (Ann Arbor, MI, 1981)

0 comments: