January 15, 2009

mystery man remembers hawaii







mystery man opens cap drops pills
the spell is ineffective
and I could use some extra cash
endorphins for the road
crossing fingers not to ever meet her again
staying far away from her shit delivering
awakened, battered, bored,
tired of myself
just waiting for the free pastries
just hoping to receive the one lucky strike
that will make mystery man put away the pills
and in exchange go surfing to Hawaii one of these days

I met a girl in Hawaii once
and she was french
it was not easy to talk to her
but I never felt happier
we became great friends, me and the french girl

mystery man opens cap drops eyelids
the smell is unobtrusive
and I could use some extra hash
some metamphetamines for the cold, long winter I'm enduring
crisscrossing the trodden path
not wanting to ever meet her again
battered, bored, and a full-time coward
so fucking tired of myself

a beast with no hope


patrick m. gordon (Seattle, WA, 1975)

0 comments: